The The Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) is committed to providing its resources and services to everyone.
To that end, IGES and its web development team at Insight Designs Web Solutions, LLC, created a website that is accessible to people with disabilities -- including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive and neurological disabilities. This website offers the following accessibility features, which are also in accordance with Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Guidelines:
- Live text is used as often as possible so that users can increase the font size.
- The design is implemented in such a way that increasing font size does not "break" the site's visual design.
- Alt attributes are used on images to describe the function of each visual piece.
- Closed captioning is offered on video files.
- Hypertext links are made up of phrases that make sense when read out of context (not just "click here").
- All inline text links are underlined and easily recognizable without the use of color alone.
- CSS is used for layout and style.
- Font colors adhere to acceptable contrast ratios
- Consistent structure is employed throughout site.
- Breadcrumbs and page headers are included on each page to ensure users know where they are on the site.
- No frames are used.
- The markup language on each page passes validation.
- Multiple means are available for obtaining information; i.e. to access a particular page of the site, a user can use the main site navigation or the site map.
- All website forms are organized in a logical and easy to use.
- Site functionality is available from a keyboard
Comments and Suggestions
We welcome your thoughts on how we can improve the accessibility of our website. Please use the form below to submit your comments and suggestions.